On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||13||Product Line:||Nike Flyknit|
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% Flyknit Gyakusou Team Red US 12 () AV7998-600 Run
- Nike Air Footscape Woven Chukka SE Men’s Size 12
- Size 12.5 Nike Air Force 1 Jordan Fusion AJF 20 Low White Navy retro NEW RARE 08
- Nike ACG Dog Mountain Men's sz 6 Women's 7.5 Black Grey Hyper Grape AQ0916 001
- New Nike Flyknit Trainer White Black The Return Men's Size 12 AH8396 100
- Men's Nike Zoom Fly Running shoes White Black Platinum Sz 12 880848 100
- NIKE Women's Roshe One Flyknit Running shoes
- WORN 1X Nike Air Retro Jordan 9 IX Motorboat Jones Red 302370-645 Size 11
- New Balance 590 purple all terrain trainers
- VANS SK8-Hi Loden Beige Camouflage size 11 Brand New
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS BOSTON SUPER X R1 - New Men's Black White NMD shoes Sneakers
- Womens Adidas Ultra Boost X Running Athletic shoes BB6160 Trace Scarlet SZ 5.5
- New Balance ML565 ML373 M530 Casual shoes Men's shoes Trainers
- Off-White x Nike Zoom Fly (DSMNY)
- NIKE AIR ZOOM VOMERO 11 Running Trainers Gym Casual - () Photo blueee
- shoes bajos cuero o faux Vikky Puma v2 ribbon rse l pink 17050 - Nuevo
- Nike Air Max Vision shoes Men's Sports Casual shoes Trainers Grey 918230-011
- NIKE AIR MAX 270 BIG AIR WHITE TOTAL orange sz 15
- 09 NIKE AIR JORDAN V 5 RETRO DMP RAGING BULL Tgold 136027-061 BLACK FIRE RED 10.5
- NIKE DUALTONE RACER RIVER ROCK SEQUOIA WHITE RUNNING SHOE 918227 004 SZ 13
- Mens Nike Darwin 819803-302 Cargo Khaki Brand New Size 11
- Nike W Sz 7 Air Vapormax Run Utility AQ8811-600 Running shoes Burgundy Crush
- Pharrell Williams x Adidas Solar Hu Glide CNY Human Race size 10 [EE8701]
- ADIDAS NEO CODERBY VULC VULCAN Mens Lead F38648 NEW
- Puma Men's COOGI X PUMA CALIFORNIA shoes bluee Atoll Black Size 9.5 US 367973-01
- Men 11Us ≪Rea Nike Kobe 11 Elite Gcr ≪Premier
- NIKE AIR PRESTO FLYKNIT ULTRA MEN'S SHOES BLACK gold 835570-007 SIZE 9 NEW
- NEW 2016 NIKE SFB 8 JUNGLE REALTREE Size 10.5 MENS CAMO COYOTE BOOTS 845168-990
- Nike PG 2.5 Fresno St. Bulldogs BQ8452-600 Gym Red Mens Basketball shoes Sneakers
- Nike Air Foamposite One PRM UO QS Oregon Ducks Black 9.5
- Asics CROSS FREAK 2 Men's G508Y.9023 Black Fiery Red Grey Track Field shoes
- Mens Nike Air Max Invigor Mid Athletic Basketball shoes Size 8.5 858654-001
- Nike Air High Tops 518218-116 hot pink and white Size 7Y 8 women's excellent
- Adidas raf simons unisex detroit runner sneakers F34245 Cblack Cblack Cwhite - A
- Adidas Ace 16+ Purecontrol UltraBoost CG3655Mens TrainersRRP .99
- ADIDAS CAMPUS ADV BLACK WHITE WHITE SIZE 7-12 --FAST SHIPPING--
- shoes PUMA men Sneakers BIANCO Pelle naturale 354367-024
- Asics Gel-Nimbus 18 Mens Running Trainers T600N Sneakers shoes 5843
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 MID VACHETTA TAN RT RICCARDO TISCI R.T. 677130-200 SIZE 5
- MEN'S SHOES SNEAKERS NIKE CLASSIC CORTEZ NYLON [807472 410]
- Nike Zoom Spiridon Ultra Mens Running shoes Metallic Silver Black Size 8.5
- Nike Hyperdunk X Mid White Clay orange Men's 3866103
- 2007 Air Jordan XX2 (22) East Coast PE BLK, Vars. Royal, 317141042 Sz 9, NIB, H2
- Pre-Owned Nike Kobe AD Mid “Sunrise” Size US 11.5
- 7Y 8.5 WOMEN'S NIKE RUNNING SHOES
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Equality BHM QS size 13. Black White. AQ7474-001.
- 2001 NIKE AIR FORCE 1 ATMOS linen taiwan kaws supreme ueno playstation clot 9.5
- Men's Nike Kobe 11 XI TB Promo Basketball shoes Purple White SZ 13.5 856485-551
- NikeAIR MAX 90Mens Athletic Casual shoesSize 11Black Sunburst Red537384-016
- Nike Air Max 97 Size 11 Black Yellow Pittsburgh Steelers 921826 008
- Jordan 12 International Flight 10.5
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS SUPERSTAR 80'S MENS TRAINERS PALE BEIGE orange SIZE 9.5-10.5
- 20M----BB1700 NEW ADIDAS FLUIDCLOUD WOMEN SHOES
- Puma El Ace 2 Mid XX Men's Casual Sneakers 354964 03 Limestone Royal White
- Authentic Asics GT 2000 5 Mens Running Runner shoes (2E) (4990)
- 1 of 4
- next ›