On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Style:||Running, Cross Training|
|Width:||Medium (D, M)|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10|
Nike Free RN Motion FK 2017
Does not apply
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- NIKE Nike Dunk DUNK DELE SOUL Rhea usdm lowrider from japan (129
- Men's NEW Nike Air Max Penny Team Red Summit White Metallic gold 685153-601 shoes
- Mens Nike Sz 13 Air Jordan 1 DARK SEA Red Black Green Wool shoes 633206 608
- Nike Air Jordan 13 Retro Melo Class of 2002 Oak Hill 414571-035 Size 8.5
- Adidas Tubular Radial Men Round Toe Canvas Black men size 11,5 ; 13 ; 14
- Adidas Mens Pro Spark Low 2018 Basketball shoes Black Bright bluee Size 10
- New Balance - shoes-Lace Up - Man - Brown - 4368310C193115
- Asics Tiger Gel Lyte III 3 Magenta Gr. 43,44 NEU & OVP
- NIKE KOBE AD A.D. HABAblack RED MAMBA MENTALITY PASSION SZ 11.5 [922482-600]
- Nike Mens High Jump Elite Track Field Cleats White 806561-107 Sz 10 New
- Nike Lunartempo Men's Running shoes 705461 401 Size 14
- Nike Modern classic light soft size 8.5
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS PROPHERE TRACE KHAKI CHALK PINK WHITE CQ2128 size 10 BRAND NEW
- 1808 adidas Aerobounce ST 2 Women's Training Running shoes CG5642
- Nike Air Jordan 6 AJ 29cm shoes Men 11
- Nike Atmos AirMax 95 Print
- shoes NEW BALANCE Man blue BIANCO MRL247NW
- Womens Puma Faas 600 V2 Womens Running shoes - Pink
- Nike Zoom 2K [AO0269-101] Men Casual shoes Chunky White Black
- Nike Air Max 90 1 White University Red Men's Size 11.5 AJ7695-100
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 4 RETRO IV SZ 10.5 ALTERNATE 89 WHITE BLACK GYM RED 308497 106
- NIKE ROSHE ONE MENS 511881-010 BLACK WHITE SAIL RETRO NEW AIR MAX AM90 AM95 OG
- Nike Free TR FlyKnit shoes orange Wht 718785-600 Womens Sz 8
- Nike Air Jordan 9 Retro 2010 Charcoal Black Men's Basketball shoes Size 13
- Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit Run Utility Black Purple Reflect AQ8811-001 10.5
- Adidas ADIPOWER Weighlifting shoes - Black Red - M21865 - Size 15
- Mens adidas shoes size 10 1 2
- shoes NEW BALANCE Hombre grey Gamuza,Tela M1400CSP
- Asics running shoes Gel-Contend 4 Men's Black White
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra Trainers - ( 819685 204 )
- Nike shoes Nike Air Skylon II
- 2005 Nike Airforce 1 309096 221
- Men's Nike Air Max 2016 Premium Running shoes
- Jordan 656503-402 Men's Air Jordan Future Hyper Royal bluee Sneakers
- Women’s Nike Pegusus Zoom Black Racer Pink W-8.5 Y-7 AH3481-001
- 2 LEBRONS , 1 FLIGHT POSITE , 1 JEREMY SCOTT , 1 ADIDAS. SZ 8.5 (PREOWNED)
- 1 of 4
- next ›