On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read moreabout the condition
|Features:||Retro||US Shoe Size (Men's):||8|
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- CLEAN Nike Lebron 8 VIII Pre Heat South Beach Size 9.5 417098 401 Teal Pink
- 2012 Air Jordan Bred 11 Size 12
- Nike Huarache E.D.G.E. Txt White Red Volt Black Men shoes Sneakers AO1697-100
- Nike Jordan Spizike King County Basketball Trainers 'RARE MJ 23 VINTAGE'
- Nike Zoom KD 9 IX gold Medal USA Olympic Size 14. 843396-470 Jordan Kobe Preheat
- NWT Mens Nike Free Trainer V7 Texas Longhorns Burnt orange - AA0881 800 - SZ-8.5
- Wmns Nike Air Force 1 Mid 07 LE White Womens Casual shoes AF1 Sneake (SPG029020)
- Air force 1 low size 9.5
- New Balance Men's M1080 Ankle-High Running shoes
- Vans Originale shoes da Pattinaggio, Lapis blue Bianco
- Men's Adidas Alphabounce Beyond - White - Width med - Running
- Adidas Falcon Women's Running shoes Trainers Gym BD7825 US5 220mmUS8 250mm
- New Balance ML574RSA 572921-12 grey
- NIKE KOBE 1 PredRO UNDEFEATED Green Camo AQ3635-300 Men's Size 9 New Deadstock
- Nike Kobe 11 TB Promo Team gold Basketball shoes Men's Sz 5.5 856485-701 Frosted
- BTS PUMA Basket Patent Made by BTS + Fan Meeting Photo Ticket + Tracking number
- NIKE AIR MAX 1 97 ESSENTIAL white black red N.40 LIMITED EDITION PREZZOKKSPORT
- Nike Flyknit Trainer+ Neo Turquoise White Dark Grey SZ 11.5 ( 532984-410 )
- DS 2017 Air Jordan Retro 13 XIII Wheat gold Baroque Brown Yellow 414571-70
- Nike Revolution 3 SIZE 11 White Black
- Nike Revolution 3 Running shoes SZ 11.5 - Red White Silver Grey-819300 601
- Womens Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Flyknit Black White Dark Grey wmns 1 881109 004
- Adidas Performance Men's 5-Star Mid Football shoes
- New Adidas Crazy 8 ADV PK shoes Men's Night Cargo Size 11.5
- New Balance M576G Made in USA Size US8D UK7.5 JP26cm Green Men's shoes Y121
- Nike Hyperdunk Marty McFly Trainers Size U.S. Size 10 ERO 44
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 ESSENTIAL 7.5eur 537384-133 mens trainers 100% authentic
- Nike Lunar LF1 Air Force 1 Duckboot ‘17 Triple Black Anthracite Boots 916682 002
- NIKE AIR MAX 95 ESSENTIAL PURE PLATINUM-BLACK-NAVY blueE SZ 11 [749766-026]
- Nike Air Jordan XI 11 Retro Space Jam Sneakers 2009 8.5 Black White 378037-041
- black shoes Asics Kanmei Mx M T849N-9090
- Men 9Us Nike Air Jordan 10 Retro Us9 Jpn
- Nike Shox Gravity Wolf Grey Black White Sz 8.5 AR1999-010
- Nike Wmns AF1 Jester XX Air Force 1 Triple White Women Casual shoes AO1220-101
- Adidas Originals Men's Gazelle Primeknit Sesame Off White Trace Green Size 11.5
- Adidas Ultra Boost W 1.0 Womens 10 Frozen Yellow S77512 Ultraboost 9 Mens Og
- New Balance 608 Black-White Men's Trainers All Sizes
- Asics Gt-2000-6 Running shoes ( T805N )
- Rare Nike SB Dunk Low Premium QS Rukus Crawfish Concept Box 504750-660 Mens 11
- New Nike Air Force 1 High SF Af1 Special Field Yellow Logos Ar1955-001
- NikeLab x Arthur Huang AIR MAX 1 FLYKNIT ROYAL Black 923005 001 Men 7.5 Wmn 9
- 2015 Nike Air Foamposite One Metallic gold Black Sz 11 Great Condition
- Nike Zoom Pegasus 35 Turbo HKG Sz 4-13 CI0227-014 Black Volt-White Racer bluee
- NIKE ZOOM WHITE GRAPE TRAINING SHOES Size 15.5 902590-150 Mens shoes NEW
- Nike Roshe Womens Size 10 olive green w gold
- Nike KD 6 Away 2
- NIKE AIR FOOTSCAPE Men's Sneakers shoes bluee Size US 10 Fragment Design Y107
- Nike Kobe 11 TB Promo Men's Size 16 University Red Metallic Silver 856485-663
- RARE Nike Air Jordan 7 VII Retro 30th Barcelona Nights Marvin The Martian 8.5
- Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer 918264 002 Size 12
- Air jordan 3 tinker size 12
- Mens Adidas Adizero Tempo Aktiv Running shoes - White
- Adidas Deerupt Runner Triple Wolf Grey Mens Trainers Lifestyle Size shoes
- PUMA SUEDE EMBOSS ICED-M Mens Suede Emboss Iced Fashion Sneakers 9
- Men 9.5US ASICS Pedara Pedala Gore-Tex shoes from Japan Free Shipping
- 1 of 4
- next ›