On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10.5||Style:||Basketball Shoes|
Does not apply
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- LEBRON SOLDIER 9 FREEGUM FREE GUM blueE orange AND WHITE SIZE 14 KD JORDAN
- Pre Owned Nike Air Fly knit Mariah Racers Olive 9 10 Sz 11
- Nike Air Max Foamposite 1 2 Half Cent Penny Black Mens Size 10
- Nike Air Max 95 SE Pull Tab Wolf Grey Black White AQ4129-001 Mens Size 7 W 8.5
- Nike Air Jordan 20 XX Stealth OG men’s sz 15 Black Varsity Red 310455-002
- Air Max Lebron 7 Low
- New Womens Nike Flex 2018 RN Black White Sneakers Size 8
- Jordan 1 Retro High Sports Illustrated size8 (A Star Is Born) 555088-015
- Mike Cherman x Puma - Cali-0 Pool CC bluee Atoll Whisper White Whisper White
- Asics Asics safety shoes 2014-year limited color. 28cm from japan (6101
- Adidas NMDs Boost mens 11 non lace all black shoes
- Adidas Solar Glide ST Boost Womens Running shoes - Pink
- NWT New Balance Walking Strike Path White Men’s US10 Leather USA Assembled shoes
- Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit shoes - Wrk bluee Wht Brv bluee - Men's 8 AO1023 400
- Nike ACG Zoom MW Posite Camo Black Boots Hunting Hiking 616215-083 Sz 10.5
- Asics Tiger Men Gel-Saga bluee dark bluee black HN510-5290
- Nike Lunarcharge Bn Mens Running Trainers 933811 Sneakers shoes 070
- Nike Lebron Soldier XII SFG Mens Ao4054-102 Size 14
- 2015 Nike Air Jordan 11 XI Retro IE low Croc Size 12 306008-013. referee cobalt
- Nike Arrowz Mens SE shoes Size 13 New
- Mens ‘08 Nike Total 90 Ninety 318884-081 Indoor Soccer shoes Sz 7 B
- Nike Air Max 98 Womens AH6799-104 White Solar Red Dust running shoes sneakers
- New Adidas CLIMACOOL 1 Men's Black Classic Retro NDM BA8582 ZX Tubular Size 9
- Adidas Predator Tango 18.4 IN Men's Indoor Soccer Cleats DB2136 Size 10
- Puma Blaze Of Glory NL Black 359312 01 Men's SZ 8.5
- Nike Air Jordan Space Jam Retro men's size 11 2009 OG
- New Men's Nike 2018 Hyperdunk X Basketball shoes Size 12 Black White AO7893-001
- NIKE AIR MAX 90 ID BLACK WHITE-SOLAR RED SIZE MEN'S 13 [653533-983]
- Nike ROMALEOS 3 Weightlifting Powerlifting Sz 10 Men's 852933-101 White Black
- [DEADSTOCK] Air Jordan 8 Retro - Size US 11
- Asics Gel - Lyte V Running Men's shoes Size 10.5
- 2009 Nike Zoom Kobe IV (4) Four Rings 344335400 Sz 9,NIB, J8
- NEW NIKE HYPERDUNK 08 MENS SZ 9 RETRO BASKETBALL GYM RED WHITE 820321 601 150
- DS 2017 AIR PRESTO FLYKNIT ULTRA BRIGHT MANGO 7 - 10 OLYMPIC RETRO FOOTSCAPE
- Adidas Hoops 2.0 Men's Athletic shoes Sneakers DB0117
- Adidas NMD_R1 Black Women's Trainers All Sizes Limited Stock
- New Balance U420BLK U420BLK black halfshoes
- ASICS Men's Gel-Exalt (Carbon White-Red Pepper) Running shoes
- Nike Special Field Air Force 1 ComplexCon White - 903270 100 AF1 SF
- Men's Nike Zoom Rev II TB Promo Pink Breast Cancer Kay Yow Size 11.5 AJ7718-605
- Nike Air Max 270 Clay Green Black-Deep Jungle Men's shoes Size 10 AH8050 300
- Lebron 8 south beach sz 8 for CHEAP
- NIKE AIR JORDAN 4 IV FLIGHT NOSTALGIA Crimson Pale Citron BLK 308497-116 SZ10.5
- New NIKE Men's Tiempo Genio 631283-007 Leather (IC) Indoor Soccer shoes s1
- Wedge Sneakers NIKE Canvas Ecru and leather Grey and Silver EN 40
- Adidas NMD R1 Pitch Black PK Primeknit 1 of 500 Sz 8.5 S80489
- Nike Adapt BB Black Self Lacing Brand New DEADSTOCK. Men’s Size 11
- Nike Men's shoes Art. Aa7400 402 Mod. Nike Renew Rival
- Nike Air Jordan Retro IX Antracite Black White 302359 013 Size 4.5 V VI VII X XI
- Air Jordan 4 Retro Alternate 89” White, Gym Red, Black 308497-106 Men’s Size 14
- Nike Air Jordan V 5 Retro White Fire Red-Black Black Tongue 136027-120 Size 11.
- Adidas Men's Harden Vol. 1 Basketball shoes
- Adidas Edge Lux Bounce Women's Premium Running shoes Fitness Gym Trainers Pink
- New Balance Mens 574 Canvas Waxed Pack Fashion Sneakers- Pick SZ color.
- VANS AUTHENTIC DX VEGGIE TAN LEATHER VACHETTA WHITE ERA BEIGE VN0A327KLUI 9.5
- 1 of 4
- next ›