On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Japan|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10.0||UPC:|
Dose Not Apply
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Nike Women's Air Force 1 Low Flyknit 820256-402
- NEW NIKE ZOOM PEGASUS 35 RUNNING SHOES MENS SZ 11 BLACK GREY WHITE 942851 003
- Nike Air Huarache Light (621077 101) UK Size 9
- NIKE AIR MAX 98 CAMO CARGO KHAKI-SUNSET TINT-BLACK AQ6156-300 SIZE 9
- Men 9Us Nike Air Force 1 07 Prm 2
- NIKE Air Force 1 XXX Pearl “Black Denim” 520505-090 Size 11 SUPER RARE Beaters
- NIKE DOWNSHIFTER 7 BLACK - MTLC HEMATITE MEN'S SIZE 14 MEDIUM
- Nike Flyknit Racer Pink orange Acai Berry multi color 526628-008 Men 6.5,Women 8
- New Balance Unisex Adults' 410 Trainers Black (Black Black Bbk) 10.5 UK
- shoes Puma Vikky Ribbon Jr 367639 01 Sneakers women Cerulean Peacoat Suede
- Mens 13.5 adidas Originals Tubular Nova PK Primeknit Running bb8406 13 1 2 New
- Adidas AH2136 Womens Adizero Ubersonic 3 Tennis shoes- Choose SZ color.
- New Balance ML574VLB D Red Wine Grey Men Running Casual shoes Sneakers ML574VLBD
- DS Nike Foamposite One Oregon Ducks Sz 9 GALAXY CHROMEPOSITE ALL STAR
- Kobe 10 men's nike basketball shoes size 11
- shoes Puma Smash v2 Buck Jr. 365182 06
- Nike Roshe Run NM W SP Great Britain 652804 016 9
- NIKE MENS SB CHECK SOLAR SUEDE blueE SHOES 2019 FREE POST AUSTRALIA
- Nike Jordan 11 win like 96 sz 10
- Nike Metcon 4 Mens 10.5
- MENS NIKE TRAIN SPEED 4 SHOES SIZE 8.5 white black 843937 103
- NIKE AIR FORCE 270 (GS) BLACK-WHITE-ANTHRACITE SZ 6Y WMNS SZ 7.5 [AJ8208-001]
- Adidas Techstar Allround 3 - Solar Red
- Adidas NMD_r1 W Womens Womens Cq2012
- New Balance M996 Men's shoes MADE IN USA M996CFIS M996CPI M996DPLS M996 ML996DGY
- NIKE Air Max 97 Japan OG 921826 004 Black Volt Silver
- Nike Air Zoom Spirimic Loyal blueee White SP 881983-401 spiridon hybrid
- Nike Tiempo Legend Flyknit VII 7 FG Black Laser orange SZ US 8 ( 897752-009 )
- Mens 10.5 Nike Air Max 95 Cool Grey Photo bluee 609048-034
- Nike Sf Af1 Air Force Hi Mens Trainers Aa1128 Sneakers shoes 201
- ASICS H635L.1190 GEL-LYTE lll Mn's (M) Grey Black Mesh Suede Lifestyle shoes
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Bred Banned Retro High Black Red Supreme Yeezy Fear Of God
- Mens Nike Lunarbeast Pro TD Football Cleats Size 13 Black White
- NIKE Womens Nike Roshe One Prm 833928-006 GUNSMOKE Womens Size 6.5
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS PROPHERE BLACK DENIM orange RED MENS SIZE SNEAKERS DB1982
- Adidas Harden B E 2 Basketball shoes Sneakers AQ0032
- shoes New Balance M 991 - NDG - grey-8½
- ASICS GEL LYTE III 3 SZ 8.5 PEACOAT NAVY blueE WHITE GUM BROWN SUEDE HL7X3 5858
- Nike foamposite chromeposite Size 11.5 with receipt
- Nike Kyrie Flytrap 2 Black Red II Kyrie Irving Basketball 2019 All NEW
- MENS NIKE AIR PENNY V in colors VOLT BLACK WHITE SIZE 11
- Nike Air Foamposite Pro Mens (624041-304) Sequoia Black Basketball Size 10.
- Nike Lunar Force 1 X Acronym ‘17 Size 13 White AJ6247-100 With Receipt
- Nike Lunar Stelos Running Men's shoes Size 8
- Nike Women Flex 2017 RN White Glacier bluee shoes 898476-101 O32219 BRAND NEW
- 2001 NIKE AIR JORDAN III 3 BLACK CEMENT ELEPHANT PRINT RETRO NEW SIZE 8 RARE NMD
- AIR JORDAN 6 RETRO PINNACLE 2016 - ITEM NUMBER 74-26
- Nike Free RN Run Flyknit 2017 White Green Running Training shoes 880843-300 Size
- New Nike LunarEpic Low Flyknit 2 Deep Royal bluee 863779 400 Rare MSRP 160
- NIKE SKYLON 2 FEAR OF GOD BLACK UK10
- Nike Bowling shoes Taiwanese Vintage 27 80's Rare bluee US 9 Fasion from Japan
- Men 9Us Box Tagged Adidas Vs Jog Sneakers
- ADIDAS BUSENITZ MEN'S SNEAKER B22770 MSRP 80
- Mens Puma Te-ku Suede Trainers - bluee
- ASICS MENS VENTURE 6 MX BLACK SHOES 2019 FREE POST AUSTRALIA
- 1 of 4
- next ›