On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Japan|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||10.0||UPC:|
Dose Not Apply
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Nike Women's Air Force 1 Low Flyknit 820256-402
- NEW NIKE ZOOM PEGASUS 35 RUNNING SHOES MENS SZ 11 BLACK GREY WHITE 942851 003
- Nike Air Huarache Light (621077 101) UK Size 9
- NIKE AIR MAX 98 CAMO CARGO KHAKI-SUNSET TINT-BLACK AQ6156-300 SIZE 9
- Men 9Us Nike Air Force 1 07 Prm 2
- NIKE Air Force 1 XXX Pearl “Black Denim” 520505-090 Size 11 SUPER RARE Beaters
- NIKE DOWNSHIFTER 7 BLACK - MTLC HEMATITE MEN'S SIZE 14 MEDIUM
- Nike Flyknit Racer Pink orange Acai Berry multi color 526628-008 Men 6.5,Women 8
- New Balance Unisex Adults' 410 Trainers Black (Black Black Bbk) 10.5 UK
- shoes Puma Vikky Ribbon Jr 367639 01 Sneakers women Cerulean Peacoat Suede
- Adidas Equipment Support Consortium X Avenue 93 16 AV Size 8.5
- BY9138 Adidas Superstar Slip-On- Choose SZ color.
- New Balance Made in USA 1700 white navy M1700WN premium leather US Men's 12
- New Nike Adapt BB size 9.5 mens basketball self lacing DS Never worn
- NIKE ROSHERUN PREMIUM SAFARI PACK BLITZ blueeE Sz 8.5-12 BLACK 525234-400 roshe
- Puma Womens Fierce Core Black Fashion Sneakers shoes 10 Medium (B,M) BHFO 0627
- New NIKE FREE RN 2018 V3254001 - Floral Print Graphic Black White Green Glow c1
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 FOAMPOSITE PRO CUP CORAL PINK BLACK MEN SIZE 10 NEW AJ3664-600
- NIKE FLYKNIT RACER MULTI-HTM NRG-PATTA-PARRA-PRIMEKNIT-KNIT-AMS-AMERSTAD
- NIKE SB DUNK LOW QS UTILITY blueE DENIM WHITE EAST WEST BIGGIE TUPAC
- Nike Air Jordan Retro Fire Red 5 (V) 3M Silver Tongue USED size 12 Bulls
- W Nike Air Max 97 SE Metallic gold Silver AQ4137-700 Size 5-9 NEW 100% Authentic
- Adidas Men's Crazy Power Rk Cross Trainer
- Adidas Men's Approach White Tennis shoes US Size 9.5M
- New Balance Men's Mens 928v3 Walking shoes - Choose SZ color
- 2005 Vintage Nike Air Foamposite Pro Metallic Silver Black 624041-002 sz 9.5
- Nike 309915-041-00 Running shoes Sneakers Silver & blueee Size 7W - RARE
- BNWB & Authentic Nike ® Air Max 90 Premium Se Muted Bronze Trainers UK Size 8
- Nike KD 8 Limited Edition Opening Nights Men’s Size 11 orange Black
- Nike LeBron 16 XVI AO2588 002 Black University Red Men SZ 7.5 - 16
- ASICS GEL-Kenun MX Men's Stone Grey Safety Yellow 8381111
- Nike Flyknit 2 Men's Size 12.5
- XLNT NIKE Air Zoom Pegasus 34 bluee Grey 880555-404 MENS 11.5 US 45.5 EUR
- Adidas, JEREMY SCOTT Justin Bieber TAN TEDDY BEAR, G44000, Size 9.5, RARE
- Adidas superstar supoercolor pack S41814 size 7
- Adidas Womens Girls Equipment Racing OG Primeknit Trainers S75173
- D2220 New Men's Puma Wired Ribbon Red White Athletic shoes 12 M
- ASICS Men's's Gel-Lyte Running shoes White (White Teal bluee 102) 11 UK
- AIR JORDAN 11 RETRO LOW SNAKE 528895-033 Size 10.5
- Nike Men Air Max Motion Low Print Olive Flak, Black, White
- Nike Free Trainer V7 Broncos Mens AA1948-401 Navy orange Training shoes Sz 10.5
- Nike Air Max 97 Ultra 17 Vast Grey University Red AH9947-002 Size 6
- NEW NIKE AIR TRAINER SC HIGH PREMIUM QS ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ROLL 638074 101 BO
- Nike Air Jordan 1 One Retro Low OG bluee Off-White Fragment Union Yeezy fog Kith
- WMNS NIKE ROSHERUN PRM 525321 400 WHITE DGITAL CAMO blueE
- Nike Rosherun FB Yeezy - 580573 063
- Nike Vapormax Moc 2 x Acronym US9.5 White
- DS NIB MENS NIKE AIR HUARCHE RUNNING SHOES 318429 417 SZ 10 NOBOXLID FREE AIR
- Nike Kobe Mamba Rage Grinch Men Electric Green Sneakers Sz 10 908972-300
- Nike Mercurial Vapor 12 Pro FG Men' Soccer Cleats Football shoes AH7382-701 1810
- Nike Vapormax '95 Neon SIZE 10
- Adidas Originals Samba Classic OG White Black Clear Granite retro Men New B75806
- Adidas N5923 Womens Size 9.5
- Puma x XO Parallel Size 10 Mens Black White The Weeknd 365039 05 Rare MSRP 220
- Asics Tigre Gel-Lyte V Baskets en grey white F9600
- 1 of 4
- next ›