On June 19, 2018, the Department of Justice sent ato Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton requesting answers to questions about Texas' pending request for certification for purposes of obtaining the benefits of Chapter 154 of Title 28. The questions were based largely on comments submitted in response to the Texas application. There is no specific due date for the response.
On March 20, 2018, the Supreme Court granted a stay of execution to Missouri death row inmate Russell Bucklew pending the disposition of his certiorari petition. The Chief Justice and Justices Thomas, Alito and Gorsuch would have denied the stay application. Bucklew's cert petition raises the following questions: (1) Should a court evaluating an as-applied challenge to a state’s method of execution based on an inmate’s rare and severe medical condition assume that medical personnel are competent to manage his condition and that the procedure will go as intended? (2) Must evidence comparing a state’s
On March 21, 2018, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Ayestas v. Davis, 584 U.S. ___ (March 21, 2018). This case concerns the denial of funding to a habeas petitioner. The Supreme Court assumes, without deciding, that a COA is required to appeal the denial of funds and finds that the rule applied by the district court in denying funding was not only debatable but actually erroneous. It further finds that the district court’s ruling on the funding request was not an administrative decision such that the court of appeals and the Supreme Court lacked jurisdiction to hear the appeal. Turning to the merits, the Supreme Court held that the lower courts applied the wrong legal standard when denying petitioner funds under 18 U.S.C. §3599(f). The statute authorizes funding that is “reasonably necessary” for the representation of an applicant. The Fifth Circuit’s requirement that an applicant establish a “substantial need” for the funding was arguably more demanding than the statute requires. The Fifth Circuit exacerbated the problem by invoking precedent that a habeas petitioner seeking funding must present “a viable constitutional claim that is not procedurally barred.” This precedent is too restrictive
On February 23, 2018, a complaint and request for injunctive relief was filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Texas Defender Service, et al. v. Sessions, et al., 1:18-cv-00426-RBW. This action under the Administrative Procedure Act,, 5 U.S.C. §§
551-59, 701-06, seeks injunctive and other relief to set aside the Final Rule regarding Certification Process For State Capital Counsel System, 78 Fed. Reg. 58,160-01 (Sept. 23, 2013), issued by the Department of Justice. Various comments challenging the applications of Arizona and Texas seeking certification as compliant with Chapter 154 have been submitted to the Department of Justice.
On February 26, 2018, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari review in Madison v. Alabama, 17-7505.
The preamble to the questions presented explains: On January 25, 2018, the State seeks for the second time to execute Vernon Madison, a 67-year-old man who has been on Alabama’s death row for over 30 years. Mr. Madison suffers from vascular dementia as a result of multiple serious strokes in the last two years, and no longer has a memory of the commission of the crime for which he is to be executed. His mind and body are failing: he suffers from encephalomacia (dead brain tissue), small vesselischemia, speaks in a dysarthric or slurred manner, is legally blind, can no longer walk independently, and has urinary incontinence as a consequence of damage to his brain.
New without box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or ... Read moreabout the condition
|Manufacturer Color:||red||Style:||Basketball Shoes|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||12|
Does not apply
On November 16, 2017, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the district court's denial of relief on Virginia death row inmate Anthony Juniper's Brady claim and remanded for an evidentiary hearing. Juniper v. Zook, ___ F.3d ___ (4th Cir. Nov.
On November 16, 2017, the Department of Justice published in the Federal Register a notice advising the public that the State of Arizona has by the Attorney General and that public comments may be submitted to the Department of Justice regarding Arizona's request. Also on November 16, 2017, the Department of Jusice published in the Federal Register a
In Kirkpatrick v. Chappell, ___ F.3d ___ (9th Cir. Oct. 10. 2017), the majority of a three-judge panel reversed the district court's ruling that certain claims in William Kirkpatrick's federal habeas petition were unexhausted and, therefore, subject to dismissal.
In a pre-AEDPA case, Eric Kimble received habeas relief, on a claim, inter alia, of ineffective assistance of counsel at the penalty phase of Kimble's capital trial. , 2:90-cv-04826-SVW (Order Granting in Part Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus - June 19, 2017).
We have new software for capdefnet.org that we believe will improve the usefulness of the site to the capital defense community. Please bear with us as we work through the glitches. Persons who had accounts for HAT's secure page should have received instructions for obtaining a password using the new software. Apologies for the lack of advance warnings. Please report any problems or concerns to Wendy Peoples.
- Authentic Nike Tanjun Mens Running shoes (D) (011)
- NIKE JORDAN FLIGHT LUMINARY MENS BASKETBALL 551820
- Nike Lebron 13 XIII Elite LB size 8.5 876805-299 Linen James NBA Lakers
- NIKE AIR MORE UPTEMPO SCOTTIE PIIPPEN -NO BOX LID- SZ US MNS 12.5
- Nike Zoom Kobe VII Supreme Black Metallic Silver Tour Yellow SZ 9.5 488244-001
- Jordan 13 XIII Retro He Got Game (2013) DS US12
- Nike Mens Jordan Horizon shoes Sneakers Black Grey 823581 010 New Sz 10.5
- Nike Air Max 90 PREM Premium Mens Sz 10 Running shoes Black Sail Gum 443817 010
- New Balance Ml 574 Epa shoes Tempo Libero Sport Retro Sneaker Pigmento ML574EPA
- New WOMENS PUMA BLACK BASKET HEART PATENT PU Sneakers Court
- Adidas Originals Men's Superstar Casual Sneaker, White Core Black White, 13 M US
- Adidas Women's Equipment 10 Running shoes (DB0374) Athletic Sneakers Trainers
- New Balance MRL420 D 420 Men Running shoes Sneaker Trainers Pick 1
- NIKE DUNK LOW Black × Yellow Vintage Sneakers Basketball shoes size US 10.5 Y114
- New NIKE Air Max 90 1 Mens Sneaker white lime teal all sizes
- Puma Alexander McQueen MCQ Tech Runner Lo Mens Lace up Trainers 360545 01 U29
- Nike Air Jordan Fly Through Dragon bluee basketball shoes Mens 12M 484654-401
- Nike Air Max 97s Vapormax Japan Black Neon shoes, 8.5
- Nike Air Penny V Invisibility Cloak 7 hardaway foamposite all star iii ii hoh le
- Nike Hypervenom Phatal Firm Ground Mens Football Boots - Silver
- Nike Running Zoom Victory Waffle 4 Armory Navy Green 878803 433 Men' Size 8
- NIKE WMNS EPIC REACT FK FLYKNIT AQ0070-008 Mica bluee Volt (WOMEN'S 9.5) NO LID
- Adidas Tubular Doom Sock Purple White Athletic Sneakers BY3565 Size 12
- Adidas Originals Boots Superstar Boat W Aq1213 Black
- NIB New Balance MADE IN ENGLAND UK black dark green red retro sneakers M1500RGR
- 2005 NIKE ZOOM LEBRON II 2 BIRTHDAY BLACK GRAPHITE GREY MVP SVSM 309378-001 11
- Nike Huarache Kobe Bryant White Met 2K4 Basketball 511525 Men's shoes size 12.5
- Nike Zoom 2K Basketball Version Sneakers shoes AO0269-101 Black Sz 8-13
- NIKE KOBE AD A.D. SONIC YELLOW MENTALITY PACK OPTIMISM SZ 11 US [922482-700]
- Nike flight one size 8
- ASICS GEL LYTE III 3 SZ 8.5 BLACK WHITE GUM BROWN SUEDE HL7X3 9090
- Nike Force Zoom Trout 4 Men’s Size 14 Turf Baseball shoes 917838-001 New
- New Mens 11 NIKE Vapor Carbon ELT 2014 TD Red Black Cleats shoes 160 631425-600
- NIKE Womens Nike Free Tr 8 942888-401 NAVY WHITE Womens Size 7
- ADIDAS YEEZY POWERPHASE CORE BLACK 2018 ITEM NUMBER 5848-6
- New Adidas SprintFRAME Men’s Ankle Boot Sneakers Men's Size 19
- PUMA Mens Tazon Modern Fracture Sneaker- Select SZ color.
- ASICS Gel-Lyte V Men India Ink India Ink (H7P0L-5858)
- Nike Sb Dunk Low Staple Panda Pigeon sz 13
- 170 Nike Air Max Plus TN 'Black Shark' Men’s Size 4 Black White AJ6311-001 NEW
- RARE Nike Hyperdunk Lakers Supreme Sz 10.5 333373-172 Kobe Bryant Purple White
- Nike Air Max 270 Vintage Lichen Mineral Spruce White Kids Boys Girl Trainers
- AIR JORDAN 6 RETRO 384664-705 golden Harvest WHEAT Men's BRAND NEW SHIPS NOW
- Retro 90’s Jordan 8 “3peat” Multicolor Nike Jordan’s Size 10
- Womens Nike Flex Supreme TR5 852467-400 Aluminum NEW Size 9.5
- NIKE JORDAN 3LAB5 INFRARED MODEL 599581 010 SIZE 10 U.S
- Nike Zoom Vaporfly 4% Flyknit Bright Crimson Mens Womens Running 2018 ORDER NOW
- Men’s Nike EXP-X14 Running shoes AO1554-200 NWB 120 Size 9
- Nike Air Max LTD 3 TXT Black White Anthracite Gum Denim Canvas 746379-001 Sz 8
- Nike Air Force 1 Low - White - 15122111 - Size 14
- Nike Kobe IX 9 High KRM EXT QS Challenge Red Snakeskin 716993-600 Sz. 8.5
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS COUNTRY OG mens shoes sneakers athletic S32109
- Adidas Originals Pro Model WHITE BB4945 Athletic Sneakers Women's Size US9
- MEN'S SHOES SNEAKERS PUMA SMASH V2 BUCK [365160 05]
- Asics GEL-Cumulus 20 Black White Sportstyle Running shoes Sneakers 1011A014-002
- 1 of 4
- next ›